Offline ACe

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • They Never Saw It Coming!!
    • -
    • Midwest Region
Prayer
« on: May 11, 2016, 12:18:14 AM »
I dont noramlly ask this but I could use some prayer. My boss for the last 6 years has been training me to do things and everything seems to be going well. But here recently he has been kinda acting different. We are in a prayer group together and he normally tells me things. But he said changes are coming to our job and that he needs prayer this week. Tonight he said tomorrow is the big day and then he sent me a message that says he will come see me tomorrow. I have no idea what his could be about but Im now very nervous. Please pray that I am calm and that Ill be ready for what ever news he brings. I have been at this job for a little over 6 years. I dont think im getting laid off but im not sure what else it could be.
You will never feel as alive as you are when you're on fire for God. (Unknown)

Offline jesse

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • God is love. - 1 John 4:8
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • First And All
Re: Prayer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:55:33 AM »
Praying for you now. May the Lord give you His perfect peace!

You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
-Isaiah 26:3
Love is the flame of God, Who is love and an all-consuming fire!- Song. 8:6-7, 1 Jn. 4:8, Deut. 4:24

Offline ACe

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »
Well I have not had my meeting but found out this morning that another person was let go today. Kinda shocked as i didnt see that coming.

Offline h20tor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • чирок...
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »
I know the feeling. My last job I was told (in September) that I had until December to work for this company. Less than a week later they came by my cube and told me I had two weeks and they were shutting down my position. Caught completely off guard and my wife was in Europe, I was freaking out.

I went 6 months without work.

But God used those 6 months to teach me SO many things that I could not have learned. It completely changed my mentality with work, it changed my mindset on money and saving money, it changed a lot of things for the better. I really had to rely on Him and through that entire time He was always there to take care of my wife and I with all our needs.

I was dreading those months without work and God just turned what I saw as a disaster into something that helped re-shape my life. I am thankful for that time and now when I look back, I see it as a good reset button.

I don't know what your work holds, but God is going to be there for you the entire time. Lift your worries up to Him and let Him lead you where He wants you  ;)

Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting!

Meanwhile in Iowa...

Offline h20tor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • чирок...
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
Any update?
Meanwhile in Iowa...

Offline ACe

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »
Yes! Sorry for not responding earlier. A guy in my department got let go to make room for another position. I am not sure what all the new job will be doing but it would be really cool if I could step into that position.

Offline VJ

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Never give up. Never surrender.
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 05:13:12 PM »
I will be praying for you about your job situation.  Maybe a promotion is coming up.

My soon-to-be son-in-law is going through a similar situation.  His company lost a major contract and they are laying off people.  He was told he would have enough work for 3 months.  The company that got their old contract has already contacted him about a foreman position with their company.

VJ

Update:  He got the new job and will be making more money.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:07:34 PM by VJ »
do not think of yourself more highly than you ought but rather think of yourself with sober judgment

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal