Author Topic: new with questions  (Read 923 times)

Offline m i k e

• Trade Count: (0)
    • East Central Region
new with questions
« on: February 17, 2016, 12:49:37 AM »
kewl thanx 4 chekin this out, been reading, watching vids, etc. etc. have a bunch o questions
playing with my young son and here are my q's
1.the card preaching truth says convert human evil to a green hero, my evil character or opponents?
also does his special ability still work after being changed ?
2.do u discard enhancements every battle ?
if a hero & enhancement is in territory and u go to rescue a lost soul, does enhancement activate right then and there ?
3.parmenas card says if opponent has more cards than u draw 2, even if he has 10 card enhancement? what if he has 8 & i have 7 ? do i still draw 2?
4.kinda confused on imitative & winning losing a battle, if i have 10/8 & opp. has 7/7 & he throws down 2/5 who has int.?
5. if hero is in terr. w/ an enhancement & u put forth the hero for a rescue , do u have to play the enhanc. right then & there ?
6. is a captured opp. card a lost soul ?
7. zelophehads sin card, says discard a evil char. mine or opp. ? ( during battle )
8. sorry if i didnt look up these questions in the forum, im a late bloomer
9.can a negate card be played 1st ( w/ a hero going for a rescue) if no other cards are on table ?
10.this happed 3x our 1st game, my hero rescued 3 lost souls because opp. did not have any 1 or anything to block with , so is that pretty much tough tomatoes for opp. ?
11. thanx in advance fellers, im sure ill be asking 1,000,000 more but thats it for now

browarod

Re: new with questions
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 02:56:57 AM »
1. and 7. If the card doesn't specify a location then you can target that type of character anywhere in play, which includes territories of all players as well as the field of battle.

2. The enhancements remain on the characters until the battle is completed (unless they specify for you to move them somewhere else) and then are discarded during battle resolution. The exception is weapon-class enhancements. 1 weapon-class enhancement can be kept on each warrior-class character that survived on that side of battle (so a good weapon could be kept on a warrior-class Hero if that Hero survived battle and returned to territory).

Not sure exactly what you're asking on the question between 2 and 3 or question 5.

3. Not sure what you mean by "10 card enhancement". Parmenas counts cards in hand so if your opponent has more in hand than you do when Parmenas enters battle then you can draw 2 cards.

4. Initiative is always given to the player currently losing the battle. If it's tied (either both players are losing or neither player is losing) it goes to the player who did not play the last enhancement in that battle. So in your example if a 7/7 character plays a 2/5 enhancement, their total numbers are 9/12. This means they are currently beating the 10/8 opponent character (9 strength beats 8 toughness) and are not losing to that character (12 toughness beats 10 strength). Initiative would pass to the 10/8 character.

6. A captured character is considered a lost soul if the character is human and is held captive in the Land of Bondage (or in a Site in the Land of Bondage). Captured non-humans (angels, demons, animals, etc.) are not considered lost souls and neither are captured characters held in fortresses or places other than the Land of Bondage.

9. During battle you can only play enhancements via initiative unless a card ability lets you play one at a different time. In most cases a hero must wait for an evil character to block before an enhancement can be played (since initiative is unknown until the evil character blocks).

10. That sometimes happens, yeah. If the defending player hasn't drawn an evil character and doesn't have a dominant or other card effect to use (such as an artifact) then they are unable to block.

Please let me know if anything above is still unclear or if you need further explanation about anything! :)

Offline uthminister [BR]

• Youth Minister
  • Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Jesus Loves Gamers!
    • -
    • South Central Region
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 11:01:07 AM »
Hey Mike...where are you located? Do you have Skype? It may be easier to answer stuff like you are asking in person or via Skype.

Offline m i k e

• East Central Region
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:55:26 AM »
thank you Browa for answering questions, we have been kinda "winging it" and are now more knowledgeable with your help !
on parmenas card i have figured that out, on#5 hero is in territory, i just put hero only in field of battle at 1st not hero & enhancement when going for a lost soul correct ? ( that was what i meant) , you have helped us out ! more q's soon.

uthminister we are in the chicagoland area we does have skype too ! thanx

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal