Author Topic: Angry Mob card limit in decks?  (Read 3053 times)

Offline redemption collector 777

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • -
    • North Central Region
Angry Mob card limit in decks?
« on: December 31, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »
Just double checking on the TEC phase 2  called "Angry Mob"

It says may Include 4 Angry Mob Cards per 50 in deck.

1. So in a type 2 deck can I only have 8 Angry Mob cards?  or can I have 8 black , 8 gray , 8 brown ones?

2. In a type 1 deck can I have 4 brown , 4 Black and 4 Gray Angry mob cards?? or just 4 Angry Mob cards (of any color) in one type 1 deck of 50 cards?

3. If I have a type 1 deck with 63 cards can I have more than 4 Angry Mob cards in it?

4. Also if the TEC Angry Mob says I can have 4 Angry Mob cards per deck , does this mean I can include 4 ultra rare brown apostles (the spin card :) cards in a type 1 deck as well? or Type 2?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:36:56 AM by redemption collector 777 »

Offline YourMathTeacher

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+80)
    • -
    • Southeast Region
Re: Angry Mob card limit in decks?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 12:45:57 AM »
+1
Since the identifier specifies 4 "cards" per 50, it would not matter what brigade they were. So a 50-99 card deck can have any 4 Angry Mob cards, and a 100-149 card deck can have 8 Angry Mob cards, etc. This would not change by Type category, since this identifier is designed to override normal deck building rules.
My wife is a hottie.

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:54:20 AM »
Since the identifier specifies 4 "cards" per 50, it would not matter what brigade they were. So a 50-99 card deck can have any 4 Angry Mob cards, and a 100-149 card deck can have 8 Angry Mob cards, etc. This would not change by Type category, since this identifier is designed to override normal deck building rules.

1. So I am assuming if the deck was 50 cards then I can only have 4 Angry Mob cards in total? (or can it be 4 brown 4 gray and 4 black?)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:01:29 AM by redemption collector 777 »

Offline YourMathTeacher

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:59:12 AM »
4 cards total.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:04:01 AM by YourMathTeacher »
My wife is a hottie.

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:02:58 AM »
One last question hopefully.

1. What about in a type 2 deck? (which has 100 cards) can a player include 4 brown 4 gray and 4 black because type 2 rules say you can have any card up (with a single brigade or something like that) up to 4? or only angry mob cards 8 in total?

Offline YourMathTeacher

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 01:04:13 AM »
Type does not matter.
My wife is a hottie.

Offline Redoubter

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 02:18:26 AM »
Type does not matter.

This one is still 'open' for me, and I haven't seen a consensus yet, so this is a good place to discuss.

When I see the identifier on Angry Mob, I do not see it as 'restrictive' since it is allowing for more copies than normally permitted in standard play.  Therefore, I do not read the card as saying "regardless of type, there may be 4 copies per 50 and only 4 copies per 50."  I read it as saying "you can include 4 Angry Mob cards per 50 cards in deck, where you are not normally allowed to."  So I interpret the identifier to mean that it is 'additive' instead of 'restrictive' when it comes to deck-building.

However, this needs to be verified, with the following questions for T2:
1. Does this allow a player to go past the '4 of any card' rule?  That is, can a standard 100-card T2 deck carry 8 of a single brigade?
2. Does this restrict the '4 of any card' rule?  That is, can a standard 100-card T2 deck not carry 4 of three different brigades?

If you read the identifier as restrictive, then a player could not pass the '4 of any card' rule, but we can do that with Legion now.  However, I'm getting some weird, fuzzy logic scenarios (maybe it's just late and I can't brain) for the second part if it is just additive.

I'm curious to hear other thoughts on this.

We do know the situation in T1:  You can have 4 copies of Angry Mob per 50 cards in your deck, no matter what brigades they are.

Offline The Guardian

• Playtester, Redemption Elder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • The Stars are coming out...
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »
+1
I believe the identifier was intended for T2.

In T1, you can have the 3 new Angry Mobs (since they are different art like Pharisees/Sadducees) plus the old one for a total of 4 in a 50-99 card deck.

In T2, without the identifier, you would have been able to have 4 of each of the new ones plus 4 of the old ones for a total of 16. This had the potential for abuse so the identifier was added so that a total of 8 Angry Mob cards (of any brigade) could be used in a 100-149 card deck.
Fortress Alstad
Have you checked the REG?
Have you looked it up in ORCID?

Offline YourMathTeacher

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
However, this needs to be verified, with the following questions for T2:
1. Does this allow a player to go past the '4 of any card' rule?  That is, can a standard 100-card T2 deck carry 8 of a single brigade?
2. Does this restrict the '4 of any card' rule?  That is, can a standard 100-card T2 deck not carry 4 of three different brigades?

I don't see this as "restrictive versus additive," but rather as simply "literal." Therefore, it can be both restrictive and additive simultaneously.

I do not understand what you mean by the Legion reference.  :scratch:
My wife is a hottie.

Offline Crashfach2002

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+145)
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 07:40:48 AM »
I do not understand what you mean by the Legion reference.  :scratch:

My current understanding of the Legion card is that you can have (in a 100 card type 1 deck) is 8 Gray Legion & 8 Orange Legion.  So if you went based on this same ruling, then you would be able to have the situation like The Guardian was saying that if Angry Mob wasn't restricted, then you could have 8 of all 4 colors, which would get a little crazy!  Now of course my interpretation of Legion could be off.

Offline YourMathTeacher

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 08:07:16 AM »
My current understanding of the Legion card is that you can have (in a 100 card type 1 deck) is 8 Gray Legion & 8 Orange Legion. 

Oh, I see. Legion is worded the same as Angry Mob, so I personally would not have allowed a deck with 8 of each. I would only allow a deck with 8 total Legion of any color.

I guess we do need to make an official ruling here soon, then, since it sounds like hosts in different areas are allowing the 8 of each color Legion (or 8 of each color Angry Mob) in a 100-card deck. I think we all want to know which ruling is correct.
My wife is a hottie.

Offline Crashfach2002

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »
I have never seen anyone even contemplate using even 8 Legion in their type 2 deck much less 16.  But Angry Mob has a little more versatility between the colors and ability, so we for sure need a definitive stance.  Oh course, we could have one with my interpretation being wrong!   :P

Offline Redoubter

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »
Actually when I referred to Legion I was talking about being able to have 8 of them of one color, not having 8 of each color.  They have the same name and same art, and are the same card, so being able to have 8 of each does not make sense to me but having 8 of either (which goes over the 4 of any card rule) does.

Okay, sounds like we need to discuss this and get a consensus about how to deal with these identifiers :)

Offline Crashfach2002

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »
Yeah the only reason I believed you could have 8 of both would be because the "same card" rule doesn't apply to Legion.  The same art, same name only applies to unique characters.  I agree that if the wording on Angry Mob "limits" it to 4 per 50 no matter what color, then Legion would work that way to.  So that sounds pretty definitive to me since we have an elder stating what the wording means.

Offline Redoubter

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
So that sounds pretty definitive to me since we have an elder stating what the wording means.

Just for clarity, what I am saying is NOT definitive :)  I'm hoping we can get a consensus ruling on this soon.

Offline YourMathTeacher

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
The same art, same name only applies to unique characters.

You'll have to clarify what you mean by this.
My wife is a hottie.

Offline Praeceps

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • LFG
    • East Central Region
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
Any news?
Just one more thing...

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »
Any news?

Agreed is there any news regarding the Angry mob card limit? :)

LukeChips

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
Any news?

Agreed is there any news regarding the Angry mob card limit? :)
Last o heard you could only have 4 per 50

Offline Redoubter

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »
Just posting here to say that this hasn't been forgotten or ignored, please stay tuned and patient :)

Offline Praeceps

• Tournament Host
    • LFG
    • East Central Region
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »
Thanks for the update.
Just one more thing...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal