Author Topic: More Taunt Identifier cards to be made in the future??  (Read 1608 times)

Offline redemption collector 777

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • -
    • North Central Region
More Taunt Identifier cards to be made in the future??
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:54:47 PM »
I have noticed that the disciples booster packs had a description of Taunt in it when they were released a few years back.

However since the Goliath promo and the disciples card set there has been no more taunt character cards made since then.

Is there going to be any more taunt evil character cards made in the future??

Offline Minion of Jesus

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • The Wisconsonite, Seeking Retirement
    • -
    • North Central Region
Re: More Taunt Identifier cards to be made in the future??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »
Just as soon as the elders can agree on what taunt is...
To the Pain!

-Wesley

Warrior_Monk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 10:16:48 PM »
Quote from: Wiki
Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Taunts serve to protect their allies by forcing the enemy to deal with them first, preventing them from attacking other friendly minions or the controlling hero until the Taunts are removed. However, Taunts have no effect on spells, hero powers or other direct damage effects.

Offline Redoubter

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:44:07 PM »

I know this is a common joke about rulings and all, but that isn't the case here.  Taunt is well-defined and does not have any ruling inconsistencies.

There are two main reasons it hasn't been printed: First, getting card concepts that work (new characters to give it to).  Second...honestly, it just doesn't get used.  It requires there be no LS out for you to rescue, and that is actively avoided wherever possible, so it is not something you build a deck for, or devote slots for exclusively.

Offline DrowningFish

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Just a Noob Making lots of mistakes.
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »
Also since Goliath is the only character with a taunt referencr in scriptures i feel like he'll be the only one. But who knows!
Praeceps keeps capturing my Peter.

Offline yirgogo

• Better than Marvel ↑
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »
What about Assyrians like The Rabsaris, The Tartan, and The Rabshakkah? They stood at jerusalems gates and slandered it.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien

browarod

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »
I think an Assyrian taunt theme could definitely be made, maybe even a TC enhancement (maybe a weapon?) that lets a taunter taunt even if the opponent has Lost Souls in play.

Offline Farmer_Maggot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Farmer Maggot, a stout fellow.
    • LFG
    • East Central Region
    • Jeremiah Bolich Ministires
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »

I know this is a common joke about rulings and all, but that isn't the case here.  Taunt is well-defined and does not have any ruling inconsistencies.

There are two main reasons it hasn't been printed: First, getting card concepts that work (new characters to give it to).  Second...honestly, it just doesn't get used.  It requires there be no LS out for you to rescue, and that is actively avoided wherever possible, so it is not something you build a deck for, or devote slots for exclusively.

I see your point. There could be, however, different kinds of taunting. Elijah taunted the prophets of Baal and Asher on Mt Carmel, Satan taunted Christ in the wilderness saying "If you are the Christ...", the solders who captured Jesus taunted Him saying,  “Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?”, etc.

Depending on how you specifically define taunting, there could be several Biblical characters who could have the ability. Taunting and goading have similar meanings. Kinda neat...

Just an idea...
I am not religious, I love Jesus.
I play Redemption, competitively
jeremiahbolich.com

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal