Author Topic: Guardian Angel  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Dario Dante

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+14)
    • -
    • Northeast Region
Guardian Angel
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:34 PM »
Does Guardian Angel Protect the Human Hero from special abilities on opponents cards for the rest of the game or just for that turn???

Thanks,
    -DARiO-

Offline Drrek

• Tournament Host
  • The Bee of the Sea
    • -
    • Northeast Region
Re: Guardian Angel
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:08:48 PM »
Just battle, not the whole turn or game.
The user formerly known as Easty.

Offline Redoubter

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »
Does Guardian Angel Protect the Human Hero from special abilities on opponents cards for the rest of the game or just for that turn???

Thanks,
    -DARiO-

Guardian Angel
Heal a Hero. Protect selected human Hero from special abilities on opponent's cards. Angels have access to all Sites.

Battle only, it must say "While in play" or something similar to extend beyond the battle phase.  If it doesn't say it goes further, it doesn't.

Offline Dario Dante

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »
Just battle, not the whole turn or game.

Thanks,
    -DARiO-

Guardian Angel
Heal a Hero. Protect selected human Hero from special abilities on opponent's cards. Angels have access to all Sites.

Battle only, it must say "While in play" or something similar to extend beyond the battle phase.  If it doesn't say it goes further, it doesn't.

Thanks

Offline Reth

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • LFG
    • East Central Region
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 06:04:35 AM »
Hi altogether,

I also struggle a little with that card since I understood it the same way. But then its healing only makes sence when bound into battle with another (human) hero. Or how shall I understand it? What could be a reasonable target for this healing ability? There normally is no need to heal in the beginning of a battle when even blockers may not yet have been chosen. The protection part can of course be used on any human hero, regardless whether in battle or not.

But in general, maybe somebody can provide a reasonable and understandable scenario where this card and its abilities makes sense?

Many thanks in advance!

Bye

Offline Redoubter

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 07:48:39 AM »
You are correct, the Heal happens the moment he hits battle.  This is actually not useless, but you are correct that it is not 'ideal' like some of the heals we have in the new set.  However, if you have a paralyzed, poisoned, decreased, or otherwise 'healable' Hero in your territory, this can undo that (and one of the new Promos means you will want some way to heal paralysis...).

To his protection ability, it activates when he hits battle and, because it does not say when it ends, it lasts until the end of the phase (that current battle).  This is useful if there is someone in territory that you want to make sure does not get hit by your opponent, or if you band him into battle (like with Jacob) to make a protected character.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:19:10 PM by Redoubter »

Offline Reth

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • LFG
    • East Central Region
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:39 AM »
Thanks the last scenario (bound into battle by another hero) was the most reasonable one I could imagine. Of course also the short protection of any hero within my territory during battle phase.

Offline ChristianSoldier

• Trade Count: (0)
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:25:12 PM »
To his ability, it activates when he hits battle and, because it does not say when it ends, it lasts until the end of the phase (that current battle).  This is useful if there is someone in territory that you want to make sure does not get hit by your opponent, or if you band him into battle (like with Jacob) to make a protected character.

Is this actually how heal works? I always thought of it as an instant ability, so it would happen only at that moment, like capture or discard, not an ongoing one. I will be honest though, heal is one of the wierder abilities in Redemption so it's entirely possible I just don't know how exactly it works.
If you are reading this signature, thank a physicist.

Offline kram1138

• Trade Count: (0)
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »
+1
I think he meant the protection is active until the end of phase
postCount.Add(1);

Offline Redoubter

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
I think he meant the protection is active until the end of phase

Correct, the first part of my post is about the heal, the second is about the protect.  Editing my post for future clarity.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal