Author Topic: Gen-Babs  (Read 2236 times)

browarod

• Trade Count: (0)
Gen-Babs
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
+1
I miss my Gen-Bab deck, but I'm very rusty with them (considering 2 sets have come out since I last used them) so I'm not sure if this is at all good or not.

Suggestions for removal/swapping would be awesome.

Total Cards in Deck: 56
Lost Souls: 7
  1st round protect
  Shuffler
  Luke 13:25
  Luke 16:20-21
  Wanderer
  FBTN
  Revealer

Dominants: 8
  AotL
  CM
  DoN
  Grapes
  NJ
  SoG
  FA
  Burial
  GoYS

Fortresses: 2
  Raiders’ Camp
  Headquarters at Riblah

Artifacts: 5
  Stone Pillar at Bethel
  Chariot of Fire
  Magic Charms
  UW
  Go Into Captivity

Heroes: 8
  Benjamin
  Leah
  Zebulun CotH
  Asher
  Jacob
  Eve
  Simeon
  Levi
  Angel at Shur

Hero Enhancements: 9
  Numerous as the Stars
  Reuben’s Torn Clothes
  Sign of the Rainbow
  Journey to Egypt
  Obedience of Noah
  Abraham’s Descendant
  Eve’s Descendant
  Jacob Buries the Foreign gods
  Answer to Prayer
  Book of Hozai The Sabbath

Evil Characters: 8
  Astrologers
  Chaldeans
  Nebushasban
  The Winged Lion
  The Imperial Guard
  Nebuchadnezzar
  Nergalsharezer
  Babylonian Forces Archers of Kedar
  Red Dragon King Merodach-baladan

Evil Enhancements: 9
  Carried into Exile
  Neby’s Pride
  Swift Horses
  Apprehended Midianite Attack
  Dream
  Head of Gold
  Neby’s Dream
  Imitating Evil
  Desecrating the Temple
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:35:07 AM by browarod »

Offline Minister Polarius

• Grand Minister of Music and Video Games
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
Re: Gen-Babs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »
+1
You've got WAY too many GE's. I'd take out Book of Hozai and Sign of the Rainbow. I'd also take out Babylonian Forces, The Imperial Guard and Zebulun. For the 4 slots you just freed up, The Sabbath, Desecrate the Temple (you're going to absolutely NEED a way to kill Blue Tassels with LotS up), CotH and Judas Iscariot.
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

browarod

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »
It has 3 too many cards as it stands, and you're only recommending 5 to take out, so with your 4 additions it's back up to 2 over.

Also, why Judas?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:57:19 PM by browarod »

Offline Irish_Luck

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Good Luck
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:34:51 PM »
+1
I tried doing this kind of deck before but didn't find it that useful defensively (mainly because in my group everyone was protected from capture). I wouldn't take out Zeb if I were you because he was feared in my group along with Benjamin. Genesis has a very strong offence if done right. My deck had a few more hero's like adam, for eve, Noah and his sons, and able with creation of this world just because if you can play it with Ben still in your deck it becomes CBN and if you get it early it can quickly flush your hero's out (Especially if you get eve also to grab some revealed evil characters). I would also add a Goshen promo if you can make room to store your hero's and keep your hand small for Zeb. You also may want to add Judah to recur Ben or Jacob.
Go Dolphins!

browarod

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:19 PM »
+1
Red Dragon was meh anyway, I'm not opposed to taking him out.
Stone Pillar can search for NJ AND OT AotL. Uber pwnage in my book.
Sabbath is eh, I didn't have it before, I don't necessarily care whether or not I have it.
Hence why I asked Pol why to put him in, lol.
I'll have to think about that.
Why exactly? Everyone in my playgroup (and everyone I've ever played) runs FA.

Site access was one thing I wasn't sure about, so I'll consider these.
I thought about adding him but didn't have enough enhancements to make his play first useful. I'll consider adding him.
Thought about this one, too. I'll have to reevaluate.
No.

Why?

browarod

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:36:26 AM »
+1
The Negate LS helps Gen. a ton.

10/11 king can also play Carried Into Exile instantly (woot!), and is big numbers for Nebby search or against Thad.

Why are you against Mayhem? I won 2 games from my last 2 tournies completely due to first turn Mayhems. Just the possiblity of you getting it first is worth having it.

Spab can also be rocked by Nazzy or Hezzy's Ring, and you have to discard your enhancement to use it. And you might have those cards by the time you get it. Too situational for me.

Whenever I look to cut cards from my deck, I always go to the dominants first, and since basically your whole offense is recurrable, GoYS is the one you need least. (besides, let's be honest; I've only seen you use TGT or Disciples in tournies, so you can't tell me you're using something different ;))

And where's Covenant o' Noah? Archers o' Kedar? Those would be nice (luxuries, but nice :)).
Meh, I suppose.

Lol, you don't need to convince me about him. ;)

Because I dislike Mayhem. It's far too RNG for me. I prefer things I can control. It's also mean. I don't like to be mean.

Well, I disagree, lol. I find Mayhem far more situational than Stone Pillar.

Hah. Well, I don't have either of those at the moment. My Disciples offense is currently defenseless, so I can't use it in a tourney.

Archers of Kedar aren't Babylonian so I didn't think to put them in....Cov of Noah, eh... :S

Offline Minister Polarius

• Grand Minister of Music and Video Games
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:31:31 PM »
I agree with needing Archers, Midianite Attack, and Mayhem. I also agree with taking out Stone Pillar and GoyS. Another excellent card to consider is Stalks of Flask, Genesis' secret weapon.
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

browarod

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
Archers and Midianite Attack added, GoYS and Stone Pillar (against my better judgment) removed, Apprehended removed, Anti-Burial LS swapped for FBTN LS, unsure what to take out for Cov of Noah or (God forbid) Mayhem if I end up adding either of those.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:40:08 PM by browarod »

browarod

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
Is Leah really that useful for this deck? She can only search for Simeon and Levi (and only if I have Jacob already), though her numbers are good for initiative, and she's another female to help Simeon's discard work. I just have this feeling the slot might be better served by something else, whether it be putting GoYS or Stone Pillar back in, or perhaps Cov of Noah, or (*shudder*) even Mayhem.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal