Author Topic: GOODBYE FOREVER(or not countdown averted)  (Read 4529 times)

Offline christiangamer25

• Trade Count: (0)
  • In brightest day, in blackest night...
    • -
    • Northeast Region
GOODBYE FOREVER(or not countdown averted)
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »
I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS BOARD AND IM PERMENATELY DELETING MY ACCOUNT IN THE NEXT 48 HRS unless somebody can change my mind
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:54:01 PM by christiangamer25 »
No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evil beware my power, Green Lantern's light

Offline lightningninja

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • I'm Watchful Servant, and I'm broken.
Re: GOODBYE FOREVER
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »
+1
Alright, here goes.

Don't leave. Convinced?
As a national champion, I support ReyZen deck pouches.

Offline Professoralstad

• Tournament Host, Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »
+2
Matt,

We won't be able to convince you to stay if we don't know specifically what is driving you to leave. What about this board makes you want to leave? If there are problems that are serious enough to drive people away, we as a community should probably fix some things. But we don't know what needs fixing unless the problems are pointed out.

I for one don't think you should delete your account, but maybe if you feel the need, just take a break for awhile. Then, maybe you can come back if things seem to be more favorable for you, or you can stay away if they aren't. I for one would prefer that you stay connected, as I know you have made a lot of friends (including me) through this community and we want to be able to keep in touch.
Press 1 for more options.

Offline christiangamer25

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »
well for one thing the fact that im 10-18-1 on a nats lvl which means im a total scrub and don't belong here other then thats its complicated and i'm not sure how to word it right now this is not something i wanna do but its how beginning to feel in this game like ill never get better and nobody will care till i do im nothing in this game
No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evil beware my power, Green Lantern's light

Offline Minister Polarius

• Grand Minister of Music and Video Games
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:55:15 AM »
+3
We don't like people because of how good they are. Schaef probably hasn't won a game in years and he's cool. 10-18 isn't the worst record against top-level players (which is all you play). However, you probably should take a break since it's helped in the past. You'll regret deleting your account, though.
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

I AM DANIEL

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »
+2
i know that i sent you a message, i put it in the shoutbox, and i'll say it here too. don't go! i think you're a good player. i have played your decks before and you beat techno ethicist's wife. that is no small accomplishment. (i have tried and failed at least 6 times) and the only reason i beat you was because you had a bad draw. you drew nothing but lost souls in the 1st 2 turns! i think you are nats championship material.  :)

Offline Professoralstad

• Tournament Host, Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 01:03:02 AM »
+3
well for one thing the fact that im 10-18-1 on a nats lvl which means im a total scrub and don't belong here other then thats its complicated and i'm not sure how to word it right now this is not something i wanna do but its how beginning to feel in this game like ill never get better and nobody will care till i do im nothing in this game

This seems to suggest that you view the game as a bigger part of yourself than it should be. If you are basing your self-worth on how well you play Redemption, it might be wise to step back for a bit. Pray about it. This board is not meant for just Nats winners, it is meant to be a community for everyone who plays and enjoys the game. That is why only a few of the forums are designed for becoming better at Redemption, while many others serve many other purposes from talking about whatever is on your mind, to prayer requests, to new card or gameplay ideas.

Like I said, it might be wise to take a step back (probably for a few weeks/months or so) and evaluate how much Redemption means to you, and how much you want it to mean to you. Then you can decide whether you want to come back, or to let the Redemption phase of your life pass. I hope you choose the former, but either way I hope we can stay in touch.
Press 1 for more options.

Offline xCaLeBx

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • There's no crying in hardcore!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
Or, if you don't want to keep spending money on cards or tournaments but like the boards and RTS play just sell your cards and stay a online person (i.e. me and lambo)
"Someone died in the bathroom, didn't they." -Dwight
l>

Offline Red

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • It takes time to build the boat.
    • LFG
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 08:18:23 AM »
If your leaveing because your bad look at me:Never won more than 2 games in a tournament setting.
Ironman 2016 and 2018 Winner.
3rd T1-2P 2018, 3rd T2-2P 2019
I survived the Flood twice.

Offline sk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • -
    • Southwest Region
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:36 AM »
+2
If it makes you feel better, my Nats record is 4-11-0, and that still meant I was in the top half of the rankings in both Type 2 categories.  Sure, I was pretty much dead last in Booster, but I still feel like it was a decent showing.  Many of the people at Nats have at least placed at the state or regionals level at some point, so you play top tier talent at these things.  10-18-1 could easily be a better win % than what some legends have accomplished.
"I'm not cheating, I'm just awesome." - Luke Wolfe

Offline Daniel TS RED

• If God be for us...
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
+2
I wouldn't delete your account either man. I, myself, took about a 2 year break and finally decided to come back and play some.  I'm glad now that I didn't delete my account.  I haven't personally ever played a real face to face game other than with my brother a couple times (G/H starter decks).  So don't put too much into a record on games.  I don't see how you can be a total scrub and win 10 games at nationals. 

The biggest thing is don't worry about the wins and losses.  Focus more on becoming a better player.  There's a lot of games that I've played where I've kinda been stuck at a certain talent level for a while and it's super frustrating.  But, if you keep at it and don't give up, a lot of times things will start to click and you'll be on your way to the top.

Most importantly though, Pray about everything and see what the Lord is wanting you to do.

Daniel

:thumbup:
My Teams: Atlanta Braves, NY Giants, Miami Hurricanes Football, Duke Basketball, Cleveland Cavs

Rawrlolsauce!

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »
+5
You should play for fun, not play to win.

Warrior_Monk

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »
says the guy who has the least fun decks ever. TGT and speed. for the past few years. come on, play some deck discard!

but yeah, it's really up to you. Don't get frustrated because you don't win. I lose to Sauce all the time, and I still play. I would have never helped Sauce come up with COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO CONGO!!!! had I quit. and that was epic.

Rawrlolsauce!

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 01:21:27 PM »
+2
says the guy who has the least fun decks ever. TGT and speed. for the past few years. come on, play some deck discard!

but yeah, it's really up to you. Don't get frustrated because you don't win. I lose to Sauce all the time, and I still play. I would have never helped Sauce come up with COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO CONGO!!!! had I quit. and that was epic.
MY T2 WAS A BLAST N00B. I DISCARDED AT LEAST HALF MY DECK IN 99% OF GAMES, ALL OF MY DECK IN AT LEAST 50% OF GAMES.

I ALSO PLAYED MY SAINT OF VIRTUE DECK LAST YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO PLAYED MY HEROLESS LAST YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO CREATED COMBO COMBO COMBO LAST YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO HAVE MY JOB DECK READY FOR THIS YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO HAVE MY RED DECK READY FOR THIS YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO HAVE 2 COMBO DECKS READY FOR THIS YEAR NOOB.
NEED I GO ON?

Offline hi123

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Looking for VA playgroup.
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »
+3
I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS BOARD AND IM PERMENATELY DELETING MY ACCOUNT IN THE NEXT 48 HRS unless somebody can change my mind
... Dont leave the game, or, you will find yourself wanting to come back, and this game is Good for learning about the bible, and God.
Looking for VA Playgroup

Warrior_Monk

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »

MY T2 WAS A BLAST N00B. I DISCARDED AT LEAST HALF MY DECK IN 99% OF GAMES, ALL OF MY DECK IN AT LEAST 50% OF GAMES.

I ALSO PLAYED MY SAINT OF VIRTUE DECK LAST YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO PLAYED MY HEROLESS LAST YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO CREATED COMBO COMBO COMBO LAST YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO HAVE MY JOB DECK READY FOR THIS YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO HAVE MY RED DECK READY FOR THIS YEAR NOOB.
I ALSO HAVE 2 COMBO DECKS READY FOR THIS YEAR NOOB.
NEED I GO ON?
okay, at the tournaments I was at, you played speed. I never got to play your Saint of Virtue deck. I never got to play your heroless. you never played COMBO COMBO COMBO COMBO AFRICA! although it was amazingly fun to think of. Job and Red will be good. just make sure I get to take them out with my Job deck.
as for T2, yeah. you know how to have fun in that. epic.

Rawrlolsauce!

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
Thats because I don't want you to win.

I'll also point out that my Saint of Virtue deck didn't give up A SINGLE LOST SOUL ;). I'm pretty sure I only gave up 2 souls all together, from SOG NJ.

(I activated Altar of Ahaz before my Lamp)

Offline Mr.Hiatus

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
+3
Everyone gets frustrated about the boards, this many people and personalities people get annoyed with each other. Don't put yourself in those situations and don't post on topics that you know will lead to a headache. That's what Schaef is for.  :-*

Offline lightningninja

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »
+2
Yeah, it's not about winning. What I'd recommend is this.

Use a deck you KNOW that you can't win with, but is a LOT of fun. I tried a Gates of Hell deck last year where I discarded my whole deck (this can be effective, but mine wasn't).  :P I've also used enhancementless and many other lame decks. None of these have done well, but it helps to take the emphasis off of winning and on having a good time and having fellowship with good Christian people. I think the tournaments I do bad at are the tournaments I have the most fun at (although I must confess, laughing for 1 hour straight while competing in my type NW national winning game with SK is definitely one of my best Redemption moments ever).  ;D But guess what? I had an offense of 5 cards, based on A-bom, with philistines that had just come out. It was meant to be fun but ended up winning.

Which is my other point. If you keep at it, using fun decks or even competitive decks from time to time, you will eventually do well. And your standing on RTS and ROOT definitely isn't a good way to measure your skill; there are a LOT of national winning competitors and other top 3 placers in that tournament. It's the best of the best, maybe even more so than nationals.

Anyways, just stay for a while. If it's only about winning, and that's why you're quitting, maybe stay on the boards but take a break from RTS.

Offline SomeKittens

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+10)
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
Wanna know a secret?  I've only been playing for four months, and don't have all the crazy good cards.  I went to Nats and got my butt kicked soundly.  If you're worried about all the conflict on the forums, just ignore it.  You don't have to post/read those threads.
As to your record, that's at Nationals.  These are the best players in the game.  Try and start a playgroup locally, that's where (in my opinion) the best games are.
Mind not the ignorant fool on the other side of the screen!-BubbleBoy
Code: [Select]
postcount.add(1);

Offline lightningninja

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Looking at my post and his, he was talking about nationals, I thought he was talking about RTS. I think my point still remains though. You're up against the best of them.

Also, trust me: I went 3-3 at nationals, better than I thought. I was 3-0, then I lost 3 straight games. But you wanna know the best part? Beating up Kirk Hake with a broken cisterns deck and ripping up 4 Haman's Plots in one game just to stop him, even though he is from my playgroup. Good times.  :D*

*I can say this because he doesn't have an account, only his dad does. mwaahhahaah

Lamborghini_diablo

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
+2
Or, if you don't want to keep spending money on cards or tournaments but like the boards and RTS play just sell your cards and stay a online person (i.e. me and lambo)

Well, I never sold my cards. I just didn't bring them to college with me (except for a starter deck). Regarding Matt using RTS, he only has a Macbook, so he can only play online through chat, which makes it harder for him to find games.

As far as the original post goes, Matt and I have spent countless hours talking about things like this, so I'm pretty sure he knows my stance on all this by now. But, to summarize it for those who are reading, basically, I've said that the main difference between Matt and Myself is that I consider Redemption to be a game, while he considers it to be far more then that, as he's said in here.

I encourage anyone who reads this to post their thoughts, as Matt needs to hear that people on here do care about him, and look at more than just his win/loss record. Please let him know that these boards aren't a big competition where all but the best are looked down on, but rather a community of people who care about each other regardless of how well they play.

Offline Gabe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • From Moses to the prophets, it's all about Him!
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • Land of Redemption
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
+3
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.  I Corinthians 12:14-20

Although the context of that passage is slightly different, the principle still applies to the community of believers that call ourselves Redemption players.  I was blessed to see first hand the important role that you play in this community when we hung out at Nationals 2010.  Your record at any tournament does not define your value as a person or to our community.  Take a break if you need to.  Please don't leave out of frustration.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:45:19 PM by BrianGabe »
Have you visited the Land of Redemption today?

Offline Red

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • It takes time to build the boat.
    • LFG
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »
+3
Redemption is two things:A game and a Minstry. If you make it out to be more something needs to change. Take a break if Redemption is takeing up to much time. But please don't quit.
Ironman 2016 and 2018 Winner.
3rd T1-2P 2018, 3rd T2-2P 2019
I survived the Flood twice.

Offline christiangamer25

• -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
COUNTDOWN CANCELLED but please someone tell me im not the only person to have ever got this frustrated for the listed reasons

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal