Author Topic: NT Blue Theme? Maybe Acts and the Epistles?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline stefferweffer

• Trade Count: (+17)
NT Blue Theme? Maybe Acts and the Epistles?
« on: August 13, 2010, 12:21:25 PM »
It seems they are doing a good job of grouping many NT heroes now, like White, Purple, Gold and Green (prophets).  NT Red seems to keeping with the "military or battle (physical or spiritual) theme."  Teal seems to be consigned to the few good Priests that we read of in the NT.  NT Angels (Silver) are getting stronger.

I'm getting a little weary of my only strong blue theme being Genesis heroes.  Can we maybe get a Blue NT hero theme from the Acts and/or the Epistles?  Has this already been discussed?

Thanks.

drb1200

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NT Blue Theme? Maybe Acts and the Epistles?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:26:40 PM »
Deacons.

Offline Professoralstad

• Tournament Host, Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
The thing with Blue is that Genesis is such a huge book and there are so many possible characters (and possible reprints of older, useless characters like Isaac and Joseph) that it is likely that Blue will continue to be mostly Genesis. Aside from Deacons (at most seven characters), most of whom will probably be reprinted (and more likely as not will be Blue) there aren't nearly as many options for NT Heroes or themes. Perhaps Paul's friends could be one (Barnabas and Silas are already Blue after all).

Yes, it has been discussed, but like I said, printing non-Blue Genesis heroes in today's game would not make a lot of sense (since few people would use them unless they went well with a different theme) and Genesis still has dozens of possible characters (the rest of Jacob's sons for starters).

There may be some new themes in the next few sets (Heretics is a new theme from Disciples) but there probably aren't a lot of good themes left, especially in the NT. So I would bet that most Heroes from now on will be part of one or more of the already established themes, so it doesn't give Blue much room apart from Genesis. But you never know. The playtesters are a creative bunch.  :)

Press 1 for more options.

Offline stefferweffer

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
I do think you could make a theme out of "Evangelists" or "Missionaries" or "Traveling companions of Paul" (like a Timothy and Titus blue reprint).  Paul drops a lot of names in the Epistles.  But you are right that that you can't just make the heroes and leave the best blue enhancements from Genesis.  Make some new enhancements similar to the Genesis ones already around like, "If used by an Acts hero..."

Offline Minister Polarius

• Grand Minister of Music and Video Games
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »
The problem with coming up with a new theme is, "what does it do?" Is there any niche to be filled by making a new theme? Good Place cards is about the only thing I can think of, and that's sketchy. However, it could be possible. Any new card ideas I make with N.T. Blue will be Deacons and Place abilities. Yes, there are only 7 Deacons, but there are only 12 Apostles and that works. While I still maintain that "Daniel Heroes" being a theme is a disaster, it is one and only has 4 characters in its primary Brigade, so there is precedence for a theme with a small number of possible Heroes.
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

Offline Kyp Henderson

• -
    • Southwest Region
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
And also the new Job deck, it looks like he will be the only hero in that type of deck.
Don't buy Angel Wars!

Offline stefferweffer

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
I said Acts because it could get a lot more than just the seven deacons, when adding Justus, Barnabas, Silas, Timothy, Apollos, (John)Mark, Aquila and Priscilla, James (the elder in Jerusalem), Ananias (the good one), Lydia, the Philippian jailor, Jason, Crispus, the Ephesian elders, Paul's nephew, etc.  Actually there's a lot of untapped material in Acts still.

By the way, don't we need a Red Warrior class version of Cornelius with a good special ability?

Offline Red

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • It takes time to build the boat.
    • LFG
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
And also the new Job deck, it looks like he will be the only hero in that type of deck.
???
Ironman 2016 and 2018 Winner.
3rd T1-2P 2018, 3rd T2-2P 2019
I survived the Flood twice.

Rawrlolsauce!

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
That'd be silly. It goes great with IaH + Chamber.

Offline Professoralstad

• Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »
You should have seen the Job/Angels IaH deck from before Dust and Ashes was neutered. It used to allow you to search for Job from the discard pile at any time, so you could use Job with IaH and get him back right away. So you could literally use IaH and Job, search discard pile for him, and attack with him that turn. If he dies, you put him in the fort, return him on your upkeep, and repeat. They decided that that would be a bit OP'd I guess...

That is to say, D&A is still a great card, and I will definitely be building a Job deck.

Offline Alex_Olijar

• 16plus
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • This guy is my mascot
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »
That little Dust and Ashes combo with Job has been so overrated at Nats. I don't get it.

Offline joeycauldron

• ad astra per aspera
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »
Levites? or does it have to be N.T.?
Mawwage, Mawwage is whot brwings us togethwa today, Mawwage...  ...ane Love, twue love...

Offline Professoralstad

• Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 10:13:06 AM »
+1
That little Dust and Ashes combo with Job has been so overrated at Nats. I don't get it.

What's not to get? He is invincible! And currently, Set Fire is the only card that can target D&A. Like I said, it's not as epic as it was before they changed it, but it still has potential.

Offline Alex_Olijar

• 16plus
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • This guy is my mascot
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »

What's not to get? He is invincible! And currently, Set Fire is the only card that can target D&A. Like I said, it's not as epic as it was before they changed it, but it still has potential.

Before it was changed, that card might have actually replaced TGT as the most complained about. Probably not, but we can dream.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal