Author Topic: Clarification  (Read 5076 times)

Ironica

• Trade Count: (0)
Clarification
« on: February 06, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
A couple of things came up in the three hour T2 game I played this morning (which we never finished due to both of us having to leave).

1) I have priestly breastplate activated on Aaron.  Later on, Aaron is set aside.  Where does PB go?

2) With PB, due to the wording of the last sentence, does that mean I used up my one activation in the artifact pile before I transfer it to Aaron or can I still activate another artifact?

3) I attack with a hero.  My opponent blocks with an evil character that's immune to be, can I play vision to cause a side battle with the immune character?

That's all I can remember.

Priestly Breastplate (Priests)

Type: Artifact • Brigade: None • Ability: None • Class: None • Special Ability: Negate all ignore and repel abilities on Characters and Enhancements. May be placed on a good High Priest when activated.

Visions

Type: Hero Enh. • Brigade: Green • Ability: 2 / 3 • Class: None • Special Ability: Select one of your Evil Characters to fight a blocking Evil Character. Prevent all special abilities on opponent’s Enhancements during that battle. • Identifiers: OT, Based on Prophecy

Offline TheKarazyvicePresidentRR

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Currently undead
    • -
    • Southeast Region
Re: Clarification
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
1) With Aaron

2) Sorry but yes you used up your own activation.

3) No. Immune = Can't be effected by opp's cards.
Not quite a ghost...but not quite not.

Lamborghini_diablo

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:34:55 PM »

Slight addition to this.

Immune = Cannot be targeted for harm. There is a difference, although it's not a huge one.

Offline BubbleBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:33:30 AM »

Slight addition to this.

Immune = Cannot be targeted for harm. There is a difference, although it's not a huge one.
Would an example of the difference here be forced drawing, or am I confused?
Use the Mad Bomber to rescue his Province.

Ironica

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »

Slight addition to this.

With that definition, how is initiating a side battle harmful for the immune person?  All that is going on is the hero is calling some one else to fight them.  I see no harm on the immune person (like if we are fighting and I can't hurt you, nothing is stopping me from calling on some one else to fight you).  What am I missing?

Also another question:

If I use Carried Into Exile on a bab, can I choose to capture one or two or must it be two (as long as there are two legal targets)?

Carried into Exile

Type: Evil Enh. • Brigade: Crimson • Ability: None • Class: None • Special Ability: Capture a human (or two humans if used by a Babylonian).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:15:52 AM by Ironica »

Offline BubbleBoy

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »
It must be two if possible.

browarod

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 10:16:05 AM »
It must be two if possible.
+1 It's 2 even if it means capturing one of your own characters.

Offline EmJayBee83

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ha! It's funny because the squirrel gets dead.
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • mjb Games
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »
'
1) I have priestly breastplate activated on Aaron.  Later on, Aaron is set aside.  Where does PB go?
In the short term it stays on Aaron. It definitely works for the remainder of the round. Whether it continues to work after the initial round it was set aside and where it would go thereafter depend on what was meant by SirNobody's cryptic claim...

Artifacts do work in set aside.

2) With PB, due to the wording of the last sentence, does that mean I used up my one activation in the artifact pile before I transfer it to Aaron or can I still activate another artifact?
Yes, it uses your single artifact pile activation. It may be worse than that, however, Earlier in the thread referenced above SirNobody explained

An activated artifact remains active for one round.  In both cases if you set aside the hero that the card is on it completes it's "current" activation.  For the placed card that means it continues to work until the end of the game.  For the artifact it means it continues to work until the end of the round.  After the round the artifact must be activated again to remain in effect, but the hero it was on is no longer a valid target to activate it on because the hero is out of play.

Since Priestly Breastplate requires activation and then placement (as opposed to Magic Charms, for example), by this argument PB should eat up your artifact pile activation every single round it is active whether placed on a Priest or no.

Ironica

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
Since Priestly Breastplate requires activation and then placement (as opposed to Magic Charms, for example), by this argument PB should eat up your artifact pile activation every single round it is active whether placed on a Priest or no.

Wow.  That stinks.  If that's true, then I will need to find another way to stop ignores.

Lamborghini_diablo

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »

Are you saying that if PB was on aaron in set aside, that I can't activate something else in my normal art pile afterwards? That makes no sense.

With that definition, how is initiating a side battle harmful for the immune person?  All that is going on is the hero is calling some one else to fight them.  I see no harm on the immune person (like if we are fighting and I can't hurt you, nothing is stopping me from calling on some one else to fight you).  What am I missing?

Targeting someone for a side battle can result in them being harmed, therefore targeting with a side battle is considered harm.

The main difference is that an immune/protected character can be targeted by a negate, even if the immune ability was granted by another card. so, they are unable to be targeted by most abilities, but not all of them.

Offline EmJayBee83

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ha! It's funny because the squirrel gets dead.
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • mjb Games
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »

Are you saying that if PB was on aaron in set aside, that I can't activate something else in my normal art pile afterwards? That makes no sense.
No, I am not saying that. What I am saying is that there is no real advantage to placing PB on a high priest when it comes to activating other artifacts. Since you need to reactivate PB every round if you want it to be active, this will eat up the activation slot from your artifact pile. If you want to activate a different artifact on the artifact pile, you need to turn down PB even if it is placed on a Priest on a previous round.

Offline crustpope

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Time for those Reds to SHINE!
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:21 AM »
I strenuously dissagree with this ruling because it makes no sense.  Everyone knows what it is SUPPOSE to do, but due to some missed wording, or some new concepts (like re-activating an artifact each round) now the house of cards comes crumbling down.

This Card needs an errata bad if this is the case because there is no point to placing it on a priest if you continue to use up your same art slot each time.
This space for rent

Offline Minister Polarius

• Grand Minister of Music and Video Games
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »
Split Altar first.
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

Offline crustpope

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
Split Altar first.

I can get behind that one as well.  It is ridiculous for a national promo (in this era of streamlining SA's on cards) to be so impotent .
This space for rent

Offline BubbleBoy

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »
Split Altar first.

I can get behind that one as well.  It is ridiculous for a national promo (in this era of streamlining SA's on cards) to be so impotent .
+1 +1 +1

Offline Red Dragon Thorn

• Covenant Games
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • Covenant Games
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 10:48:33 AM »
We don't errata cards to make them stronger, We also don't errata cards to do what we thought they would do.
www.covenantgames.com

Offline crustpope

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:15 AM »
Then:
A) get the job right the first time (especially since you already had a card that did what split altar was suppose to do...you should have gotten it right)
B) we should.
This space for rent

Offline Red

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • It takes time to build the boat.
    • LFG
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 10:53:46 AM »
Then:
A) get the job right the first time (especially since you already had a card that did what split altar was suppose to do...you should have gotten it right)
B) we should.
+1
Ironman 2016 and 2018 Winner.
3rd T1-2P 2018, 3rd T2-2P 2019
I survived the Flood twice.

Offline BubbleBoy

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »
We don't errata cards to make them stronger, We also don't errata cards to do what we thought they would do.
Either fix Zaccheus or fix Split Altar.

Offline Korunks

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 11:50:44 AM »

I have never understood why this is the case.  Is/Was there a critical reason for this?  There seems to be a growing list of cards that don't do what they were meant to do by means of slightly incorrect wording.  Perhaps we can revisit why we don't do this and maybe do the game some good.  I for one would love to see Split Altar work.  But I am also the wacko that want's Satan's Folly to work also so  :dunno:
In AMERICA!!

Offline crustpope

• Tournament Host
    • -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 12:51:39 PM »

am I missing something?  what is wrong with Zach?
This space for rent

Offline Red

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • It takes time to build the boat.
    • LFG
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 12:52:53 PM »

am I missing something?  what is wrong with Zach?
It goes to hand not play.
Ironman 2016 and 2018 Winner.
3rd T1-2P 2018, 3rd T2-2P 2019
I survived the Flood twice.

Offline TheKarazyvicePresidentRR

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Currently undead
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
O_o imo its better that way, stops fort abuse, even though it wasn't the "Original intent"
Not quite a ghost...but not quite not.

Offline BubbleBoy

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:51 PM »
what is wrong with Zach?
Zaccheus has an unneeded "play as" (really an errata) that makes him more powerful. I don't see why we can't do this for cards that actually need it.

stops fort abuse
¿Qué? How is putting a fortress from your deck straight to play less powerful that having to wait to play it until after battle?

Offline Professoralstad

• Tournament Host, Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »
Wow, I don't recall ever seeing his play as before. For everyone else who hasn't seen it:

Zaccheus
Type: Hero Char. • Brigade: Yellow • Ability: 5 / 2 • Class: None • Special Ability: Holder may search draw pile for one Fortress card. Shuffle draw pile. • Play As: Holder may search draw pile for one Fortress card and put it in play. • Identifiers: NT Male Human • Verse: Luke 19:5 • Availability: Apostles booster packs (Uncommon)

That seems really strange that that was added. I agree it needs to be fixed. Search cards default to placing the searched for card in hand, unless specified otherwise.
Press 1 for more options.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal