Author Topic: Who likes Retro?  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Sean

• Trade Count: (+6)
    • -
    • East Central Region
Who likes Retro?
« on: January 11, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »
+1
Better Days
Artifact
"You may remove this Artifact from the game to take any number of dominant cards from your hand and/or deck and remove them from the game in order to search opponent's hand and deck for a copy of each dominant you removed and remove them from the game."
Verse: When Israelites complained and said they'd rather go back to Egypt.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:59:40 PM by Sean »
May you prosper greatly!
Daniel 4:1b

browarod

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who likes Retro?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
That would be AWESOME! I rather like the idea of less dominants. Nice card ^_^

Offline lightningninja

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • I'm Watchful Servant, and I'm broken.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
Hm.... that's pretty cool... unfortunately it will never be made.  :'( But it's a pretty cool idea!
As a national champion, I support ReyZen deck pouches.

browarod

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »
Ooh, just thought of something. If should probably be "Discard this artifact to" and then the rest.

Offline Minister Polarius

• Grand Minister of Music and Video Games
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
It's ok, but it wouldn't discourage Dominant play as you must also have the Doms to make it work, and if you have the Doms and the speed to get this card out before your opponent plays his, why not just play the Dominants?
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

Offline Sean

• -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:31:48 PM »
I only made it as such because if it just took out your opponent's then it'd be OP'd.  Maybe I'll change it to: If your hand, deck, and discard pile have no dominant cards search opponent's hand, deck, and discard pile for all dominant cards and remove them from the game.
May you prosper greatly!

Offline Master KChief

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Greatness, at any cost.
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • GameStop
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 12:27:13 AM »
you can still play guardian and glory of the lord.
"If it weren't for people with bad decision making skills, I'd have to get a real job." - Reynad

Tracer Burnout

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 12:43:59 AM »
I only made it as such because if it just took out your opponent's then it'd be OP'd.  Maybe I'll change it to: If your hand, deck, and discard pile have no dominant cards search opponent's hand, deck, and discard pile for all dominant cards and remove them from the game.
but then you could just play all yours before your opponents and then discard theirs before they get the chance to use them... not exactly fair

Offline TheKarazyvicePresidentRR

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Currently undead
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 07:45:03 AM »
but then you could just play all yours before your opponents and then discard theirs before they get the chance to use them... not exactly fair
O_o; You'd have to remove your d/c pile from the game AND have used ALL your doms to pull that one off.
Not quite a ghost...but not quite not.

browarod

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »
Check the bold ;)

Tracer Burnout

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »
Check the bold ;)
so then this would only work for someone who doesn't want to play with dominants.....interesting, but perhaps there should be a new event at tournaments for people that are interested in this new field of play instead of creating ANOTHER dominant?

Offline Sean

• -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »
+1
perhaps there should be a new event at tournaments for people that are interested in this new field of play instead of creating ANOTHER dominant?
They call it Booster Draft.  Also, it was an Artifact.
May you prosper greatly!

Tracer Burnout

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »
perhaps there should be a new event at tournaments for people that are interested in this new field of play instead of creating ANOTHER dominant?

HAHA...indeed!  My apologies. 

Offline Prof Underwood

• Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
Maybe I'll change it to: If your hand, deck, and discard pile have no dominant cards search opponent's hand, deck, and discard pile for all dominant cards and remove them from the game.
O_o; You'd have to remove your d/c pile from the game AND have used ALL your doms to pull that one off.
This would still be possible though.  I would prefer it to say "If you have not played any dominants in the game, then remove this card from the game to remove all dominants from all player's decks and discard piles."

This would keep it from being broken, while still making it playable.  People could choose whether to take up 10 slots of the deck with Doms like they do now, or free those up for other cards and count on getting this artifact before their opponent plays their key doms.  Choices like that lead to greater deck variety.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:47:14 PM by Prof Underwood »

Offline TheKarazyvicePresidentRR

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Currently undead
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 01:29:44 PM »
Maybe I'll change it to: If your hand, deck, and discard pile have no dominant cards search opponent's hand, deck, and discard pile for all dominant cards and remove them from the game.
This would still be possible though.  I would prefer it to say "If you have not played any dominants in the game, then remove this card from the game to remove all dominants from both player's decks and discard piles."
yes it would by combining Burning the chaff (placed) and Lies or any CTRescuer card.
Not quite a ghost...but not quite not.

Ironica

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »

Also, I believe NW bans dominants from your deck (was going to play it at Natz but desided to spend some more time with my wife who came with me).

Offline Cameron the Conqueror

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Post # doesn't reflect personal theology. Retired.
    • -
    • Southwest Region
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
+1
I think this card should only search through opponent's deck or hand.  That way, the player pays a slightly higher price than the opponent and it would encourage you to use a hand reveal card (Spy, U&T, etc).

Also, I believe NW bans dominants from your deck (was going to play it at Natz but desided to spend some more time with my wife who came with me).
Correct

Offline hi123

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Looking for VA playgroup.
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 07:37:24 AM »
Better Days
Artifact
"You may remove this Artifact from the game to take any number of dominant cards from your hand and/or deck and remove them from the game in order to search opponent's hand and deck for a copy of each dominant you removed and remove them from the game."
Verse: When Israelites complained and said they'd rather go back to Egypt.
WOW!!!! that would be just cruel, but I would like to have that in my deck!
Looking for VA Playgroup

• -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 01:43:56 PM »
Idk why anyone would ever use that card. What benefit do you gain? You just used a slot in your deck to deprive yourself of any Dominants you want to Discard from your opponent's deck, provided they haven't played them already. Sounds like the least powerful card since Saul's Javelin.
I am not talking about T2 unless I am explicitly talking about T2. Also Mayhem is fine now somehow!

Offline Prof Underwood

• Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »
You just used a slot in your deck to deprive yourself of any Dominants you want to Discard from your opponent's deck, provided they haven't played them already.
That's why I like my version better :)

"If owner hasn't played any dominants this game, then discard this artifact to remove all dominants from all hands, decks, and discard piles from the game."

Tracer Burnout

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »
You just used a slot in your deck to deprive yourself of any Dominants you want to Discard from your opponent's deck, provided they haven't played them already.
That's why I like my version better :)

"If owner hasn't played any dominants this game, then discard this artifact to remove all dominants from all hands, decks, and discard piles from the game."

I like this suggestion because it's risky enough to make you think about adding it to your deck, but also worth it if you hit it....like (confusion with SOG). 

• -
    • East Central Region
    • Macclelland Music
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 04:21:55 PM »
I like your version better too, I just still don't think it's powerful enough.

Offline King Leo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Kick Buttoski.... Aw Biscuts....BAAANNG!....AGAIN!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 09:34:23 AM »
I think that would be a great Idea. With that in a speed deck. AWESOME!!!

King Leo
(Kick Buttoski) "Do it all and then some."

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal