Author Topic: New to Type 2  (Read 2835 times)

Offline goldencomet

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • LFG
    • South Central Region
    • My Writing Blog
New to Type 2
« on: December 25, 2009, 11:39:12 PM »
ok, i have never played t2 before, and i have tournaments tomorrow. someone help me learn fast!!!
also can i have some pointers?
achnicincursions.com

Offline BubbleBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
    • -
    • North Central Region
Re: New to Type 2
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »
Do you have a deck at least?
Use the Mad Bomber to rescue his Province.

Offline sk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • -
    • Southwest Region
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:07:14 AM »
If not, deck building rules can be found here.  The one big rule difference from T1, aside from rescuing seven souls, is that characters gain experience (1/1) each time they successfully rescue a Lost Soul or successfully block.

Because you can have multiples of each card, it is common to only use one brigade on offense and one on defense, and though you don't have to, it makes things easy knowing that your characters and enhancements will match.  Just watch out for ignore... very common in Type 2.

Make sure you have some cards that can draw you cards, and/or ways to search.  You don't want to be stuck waiting to draw Son of God.  However, I wouldn't go for all-out speed-type decks, at least while you're starting out, as you may draw through your deck too quickly.

Finally, have some "can't be negated" cards, or ways to make them CBN.  Because many battle winners are interrupts, and because they can have 5 of each, you want to make sure they can't stop at least some of your cards.  Also helps if they are playing a by-the-numbers deck.
"I'm not cheating, I'm just awesome." - Luke Wolfe

Offline goldencomet

• LFG
    • South Central Region
    • My Writing Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:00:07 AM »
ok, uhm...how many (lets just say) hero cards with a special ability per deck?
or any other card with special ability?
also thx for the help
achnicincursions.com

Offline EmJayBee83

• Tournament Host
  • Ha! It's funny because the squirrel gets dead.
    • -
    • East Central Region
    • mjb Games
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 01:29:17 AM »
Your deck must contain a minimum of 100 cards.
The number of good alignment cards must equal the number of evil alignment cards.

You may have no more than 254 (or something near that) cards.

You may have 1 of each Dominant.
You may have 1 of each multi-color enhancement or character.
You may have 3 of each Artifact/Curse/Covenant/Fortress
You may have one of each Lost Soul/Site with a special ability per 50 cards (same as T1).
You may have no more than five of any one card not covered by the above (i.e., single brigade character, enhancement, or site with no SA).

Offline Lurch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I mean, whats up with Grape Nuts?
    • -
    • East Central Region
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
In my experience, its much better to play one brigade on offense and defense, with maybe a little splash on defense(uzzah). I would look to have about 14-16 characters and 20-25 enhancements to be played on those characters... that will vary on the characters and the brigade you use.  I would look to keep the deck low, usually 105 or 112 cards... I prefer 112 because it allows you to have a few more cards options and different plays during the game.
No Grapes. No Nuts. No Respect.

Offline Mr.Hiatus

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »
Go with what you have the most of in one particular brigade for a start. Do single color on both sides offense and defense and try to keep it at 105-112. If you like attacking or your offense is strong go with 16-19 heroes, if not, 14-16 heroes. With the enhancements lets say I do 16-19 heroes then I try for 14-18 enhs, and if I do 14-16 heroes I try for 17-20 enhs. Just depends on what kind of deck it is. Always do more EC's though. Minimum 16 for every deck b/c you can wait to attack but not to block.

Ironica

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »
Go with what you have the most of in one particular brigade for a start. Do single color on both sides offense and defense and try to keep it at 105-112. If you like attacking or your offense is strong go with 16-19 heroes, if not, 14-16 heroes. With the enhancements lets say I do 16-19 heroes then I try for 14-18 enhs, and if I do 14-16 heroes I try for 17-20 enhs. Just depends on what kind of deck it is. Always do more EC's though. Minimum 16 for every deck b/c you can wait to attack but not to block.

What would be recommended for a deck between 150-200?  I would like to keep my deck in between those numbers so I can have three of the same enhancements that are vital for the strategy that I’m using (I was going to post my deck this morning but my internet wasn’t working at the time).  Also, since I want to have a larger deck, is splashing offense still frowned on (the deck I made is a prophet/Z temp offense (with prophets being the main offense) with a Bab defense)?

This is my first T2 deck that I will make (once I have the money to get the extra cards) so I want to try and perfect it before I start on my spending spree.

Offline Mr.Hiatus

• Global Moderator
    • -
    • Southeast Region
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
What would be recommended for a deck between 150-200?
Don't do it. You will have so much jank in there you won't be able to get anything going. If you liker using larger decks, go with 119. You will have more than your opponent 90% of the time. Now in a 100 card deck you can still have 5 of each of a card. So I don't know what you mean by saying 3 of each in a 150-200.

Ironica

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
So I don't know what you mean by saying 3 of each in a 150-200.

I misunderstood the duplicate rules.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal