Author Topic: Simeon/Levi  (Read 2304 times)

Offline The Warrior

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Resident of The Internet.
    • -
    • Midwest Region
Simeon/Levi
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:44:50 AM »
Why is Levi Warrior class And Simeon isnt? The Verse(used for both cards)

And it came to passs on the third day, when they were sore, two sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinahs brethren, took each man
his sword, and came upon the city boldly and slew all the males
                                                                                                                   -Genesis 34:25

(The reason im asking this is cuz(using this same verse)there could be a Simeon's sword card)
Wanderer of the Web.

Offline Captain Kirk

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Combo? Yes please.
    • -
    • Midwest Region
Re: Simeon/Levi
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:14:50 AM »
Thats a very good question.  I'd like to know the answer as well.  That means Armorbearer should be able to band to Simeon, correct?  He is not listed in the REG as having fought in an earthly battle.

Kirk
Friends don't let friends play T1 multi.

Offline The Warrior

• -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »
Thats a very good question.  I'd like to know the answer as well.  That means Armorbearer should be able to band to Simeon, correct?  He is not listed in the REG as having fought in an earthly battle.

Kirk
i think they should list him as fought in a earthly battle.( by the way i made my own Simeon's sword and Levi's sword cards ill try to post them)
Wanderer of the Web.

Offline SirNobody

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »
Hey,

Fought in an earthly battle requires that the battle be part of a military campaign.  The killings in Genesis 34 was not part of a military campaign so it does not make Levi or Simeon qualify as having fought in an earthly battle.

Tschow,

Tim "Sir Nobody" Maly

Offline Professoralstad

• Tournament Host, Redemption Elder
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Everything is Awesome!
    • -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »
Hey,

Fought in an earthly battle requires that the battle be part of a military campaign.  The killings in Genesis 34 was not part of a military campaign so it does not make Levi or Simeon qualify as having fought in an earthly battle.

Tschow,

Tim "Sir Nobody" Maly

That makes sense. In that case it's too bad Levi is WC, since now there are more WC humans besides Soldier of God that didn't fight in an earthly battle. It used to be so easy to explain... :-\
Press 1 for more options.

Offline The Warrior

• -
    • Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »
Hey,

Tschow,

yea but he should be warrior class

Wanderer of the Web.

Offline Korunks

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+11)
    • -
    • Northeast Region
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:50:09 AM »
Hey,

Tschow,

Tim "Sir Nobody" Maly

Then how is it justified that Levi is WC and Simeon isn't?  Was Levi part of some military campaign later that elevated him to warrior status that Simeon was not part of?  Not trying to pedantic just curious. 
In AMERICA!!

Offline frisian9

• Official Playtester
  • Tournament Host
  • So let it be written, so let it be done.
    • Pittsbugh Playgroup
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
All warrior class are treated as characters that fought in an earthly battle. Non-warrior class must have fought in a military campaign.

Mike
----------------------------------------------------------
Keeper of the REG (www.redemptionreg.com

Offline SirNobody

• -
    • North Central Region
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »
Hey,

All warrior class are treated as characters that fought in an earthly battle. Non-warrior class must have fought in a military campaign.

I don't think that's right, Mike.

Tschow,

Tim "Sir Nobody" Maly

Offline sk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • -
    • Southwest Region
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »
+1.

Bryon ruled that Levi didn't fight in an earthly battle at CA state, despite WC status.
"I'm not cheating, I'm just awesome." - Luke Wolfe

Offline Red Dragon Thorn

• Covenant Games
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
    • -
    • North Central Region
    • Covenant Games
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
Earthly Battle
‘Fought’ includes any of these forms of participation in a battle:
•      fought a war or military campaign,
•      commanded military personnel (directly or indirectly), or
•      equipped military personnel
‘Earthly’ means that the battle occurred in the physical realm, meaning both of the characters involved were human.  Therefore, Michael fighting Prince of Persia does not count as an ‘earthly’ battle, nor does Captain of the Host leading forces into battle.
‘Battle’ - (for purposes of the game) means a military conflict, campaign, or war (not civilian).
Several Redemption® cards refer to characters who “fought in an earthly battle.” The following cards refer to these type of characters:
•      Amorite Invasion, Armorbearer, Buckler (Warriors), Esau, and Spear of Joshua (Warriors)
These Heroes fought in earthly battles:
•      Abiezer, Abishai, Abram/Abraham, Adino, Ahimaaz, Amasai the Raider, Armorbearer, Army of Simeonites, Asahel, Barak, Benaiah, Caleb, Centurion, Cornelius, David, Deborah, Dodai the Ahohite, Ehud, Eleazar, Elhanan, Gideon, Heldai, Helez, Ira, Israelite Archer, Ittai (Warriors) or Ittai (Kings), Jashobeam, Jephthah, Joab, Jonathan, Joshua, King Amaziah, King Asa, King Azariah (Uzziah), King David, King Hezekiah, King Hiram, King Jehoshaphat (Kings) or King Jehoshaphat (Priests), King Joash (Kings) or King Joash (Priests), King Josiah, King Jotham, King Saul, Maharai, Men of Judah, Mighty Warrior, Moses, Naharai, Nehemiah, Othniel, Prince Jonathan, Recruiting Officer, Samson, Samuel, Shamgar, Shamhuth, Shammah, Sibbechai, Spy, Uriah, War Officer, and Zalmon
These Evil Characters fought in earthly battles:
•      Abimelech, Abner, Absalom, Absalom’s Soldiers, Achan, Ahab, Ahaziah, Amasa, Antiochus IV Epiphanes, Archers of Kedar, Arioch, Assyrian Archer, Athaliah, Babylonian Forces, Belshazzar, Bera King of Sodom, Chief Captain Lysias, Egyptian Archer, Egyptian Charioteers, Egyptian Horsemen, Emperor Augustus, Emperor Caius Caligula, Emperor Claudius, Emperor Galba, Emperor Nero, Emperor Otho, Emperor Tiberius, Emperor Vitellius, Fallen Warrior, Four Squads of Four, Goliath, Governor Felix, Herod the Great, Huge Egyptian, Ishbibenob, King Abijah, King Ahaz, King Ahaziah, King Amon, King Asnappar, King Basha, King Ben-Hadad I, King Cushan-Rishathaim, King Elah, King Evil-merodach, King Hazael, King Hoshea, King Jehoahaz (Judah), King Jehoahaz (Israel), King Jehoash, King Jehoiakim, King Jehoiakin, King Jehoram, King Jehu, King Jeroboam I, King Jeroboam II, King Joram, King Menahem, King Merodach-baladan, King Nadab, King Omri, King Pekah, King Pekahiah, King Rehoboam, King Rezin, King Sargon II, King Saul, King Sennacherib, King Shallum, King Shalmaneser V, King Shishak, King So, King Tiglath-Pileser III, King Zechariah, King Zedekiah, King Zimri, Lahmi, Manasseh, Mocking Soldier, Naaman, Nebuchadnezzar, Nebushasban, Nebuzaradan, Nergalsharezer, Pharaoh, Pharaoh Hophra, Pharaoh Neco, Philistine Armor Bearer, Pontius Pilate, Potiphar, Roman Jailer, Saph, Sheba, Sisera, Syrian Archer, The Imperial Guard, The Rabshakeh, The Strong Force, The Tartan, and The Twelve-Fingered Giant

From the REG, not currently listed, and shouldn't be by the definition already established. Also note that Captain and other Angels/Demons are specifically excluded from the list.
www.covenantgames.com

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal