Author Topic: Panic Demon  (Read 1568 times)

Offline CountFount

• Tournament Host
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • I'll be your Huckleberry
    • -
    • North Central Region
Panic Demon
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »
Panic Demon s/a If rescue attempt fails, you may place this card on a Hero in a territory.  Hero cannot enter battle while this Panic Demon remains.  May band to Panic Demon.

GC with numbers greater than PD makes rescue attempt. PD blocks. SoG+NJ rescues the LS to be rescued. PD dies by numbers. Can PD be placed on the GC that was making the R/A?
Now that we're a family, I can be the ulll-timate DAD.

Offline TimMierz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I can't stop crying. Buckets of tears.
    • -
    • Northeast Region
    • Tim's Photos
Re: Panic Demon
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:31:29 PM »
The rescue attempt does fail (even though the battle challenge was won), so Panic Demon can be placed.
Get Simply Adorable Slugfest at https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/simply-adorable-slugfest

Scottie_ffgamer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
This questions was asked in this thread and it was said that you cannon place the PD on the Hero because he is still in battle at the time the SA activates.

Offline sk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • -
    • Southwest Region
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »
It said that you cannot in most cases.  The Count's scenario is an exception, as was the hero returning to territory, as well as any way that the hero can lose the rescue attempt without dying.
"I'm not cheating, I'm just awesome." - Luke Wolfe

Scottie_ffgamer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 03:44:22 PM »
The ability of panic demon triggers during battle resolution, at that time the hero is almost always still in battle so no, you can not place panic demon on the hero it just defeated in most cases.

If the hero is winning by numbers, he is in battle during battle resolution and since PD can only target a character in a territory, you couldn't put it on the hero that was rescuing.

Offline sk

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • -
    • Southwest Region
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
I don't think Panic Demon is placed until after battle resolution, as his ability couldn't know if it was a fail or not until then.
"I'm not cheating, I'm just awesome." - Luke Wolfe

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal